February Favourites!


So I've never done anything like this and I thought, hey! Why not do something different for a change? And yes I know it's now March but how could I decide if something was my favourite in February if I didn't let February end?! I'm going to try and do this for every month but the posts will always be out at the start of the next one. Also I've decided that I'm going to include things other than beauty products just so that there is a mix for everyone, and also because I don't use a lot of beauty products. Such a bad blogger! Maybe one day that will change, but until I start wearing make up on a more regular basis I don't think it will.

So without further ado, and in no particular order (I hate making something the best) here are my favourites from the month of February. I hope you enjoy and let me know if you like any of these as well!

Book

Okay so the book you can see over there (yes that one over there!) I actually read in November but my favourite in February has been the entire series in general! The picture is of the first book in the Masters of Rome series by the late Colleen McCullough and talks about Rome from it's republic until Cesar starts to take control, I'm not sure where it ends, in terms of history, as I've not yet finished the series, but I have been gripped since I started it! Not only have the stories been beautifully told but I have learnt so much about the Roman Republic that I was ignorant of before and I've also learned a lot more about the people who were in charge of Rome! It was also really good to read some of the history about how Rome controlled her provinces and also some ancient Geography as I had no idea where half of Rome's empire was until this. I would highly suggest this series to anyone who reads historical fiction, or who has an urge to learn more about Ancient Rome.

TV Programme

This one actually counts fully as I only started watching it in February! (Yes, something that I don't have to make an excuse for!) But the TV programme that I have been enjoying more than anything else recently is Agent Carter. It's been refreshing to watch a programme that focuses on a woman being bad ass and not having any form of love interests on the side. Also the platonic relationship between Carter and Jarvis was wonderful, it was nice to see a relationship between the genders that was truly platonic and with respect. Although the series was only 8 episodes long I looked forward to every single one. I'm actually a little disappointed that it's over and I really hope that it's recommissioned for a second season but so far there has been no news of it. I don't want to go into too much detail as I am going to be writing a review of this series on my review blog in the next couple of weeks, so watch this space!

Beauty Product


I did a review for this product a few months ago here but I have been using it so much more since then and I can already tell a difference with my skin! My skin is feeling so much softer and the smell is just gorgeous. I do admit that I normally buy body butters and then never use them, but this one has been used consistently and I'm pretty sure it's because it works wonders for my skin. The only problem I have is that sometimes I'm in a rush before work and don't always apply as well as I should but even having some of it on has helped me. The smell lasts all day and when I finally get changed to go to bed the smell of strawberries is always able to perk me up!

Blog

I've only really started reading blogs in the last couple of months but I've come to realise that they are a big part of my life now and I'm not sure how I was able to live without them! Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration but it is nice to curl up in bed some nights and read through other people's thoughts for a change! I have to say that it's been really tough to choose my favourite blog for February but I eventually managed to pick one! And I'm sure that by the end of this month I will have another conundrum and what/who to choose! My favourite blog this month is definitely Joli House. The owner of the site, Lily, is 17 but that doesn't diminish the quality of her posts. I find myself looking forward to her new posts and I'm never disappointed. Some great writing mixed with superb photos! It's always interesting to hear how someone else is spending their time and with Lily you get that but also you get to see who she is a person. Her unique style of writing is captivating, and it's always great to see what knitted item she is wearing; most of which have probably been made by her. If you get the chance you should definitely check her out!


So those were my favourites for February, I'd love to know if any of them were the same as yours so leave me a comment!

Hasta la fuego

Lauren :) x

Labels: , , , , ,