Bodyshop Product Reviews! (Blogmas day 11)

At the end of November I went a little crazy with some retail therapy and one of the places I visited was The Body Shop. I really love this shop and the products that they sell so I decided to treat myself to some of their products and I thought I would give a review of them both.


Strawberry Body Shop Body Butter journeytothecentreofnewexperiences
Strawberry Body Shop Body Butter journeytothecentreofnewexperiencesThe first thing I want to talk about is The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter. I'd been looking for a new body butter for a while and I've always really like The Body Shop ones as they are just the right amount of moisturising goodness that I need. I choose this one as I really love the smell of strawberry and the scent for this particular product reminds me of strawberry Chewits! So now whenever I catch a smell of my moisturiser it brings a huge grin to my face but also makes me crave sweets!

I am really happy with this product as I use it mainly to help keep my elbows soft as they tend to get quite dry from constantly writing at a laptop all day. I do however find that I need to reapply it a couple of times a day at the moment as the cold winter air is drying out my skin a lot more than it would in the summer. However despite that I would definitely recommend this to my friends and family as I think that the overall quality of the product is high and the fact that it comes in a variety of different scents means that there should be one to appeal to anyone.

I do think the price seems to be quite high when you first buy this at around 16,50€ but considering that it is such a big tub means it will last for quite a while and hopefully I won't have to buy any more for another couple of months. However, if you haven't used this moisturiser before I suggest using one of the testers first to see how it reacts to your skin before you buy a full tub!

The other thing I bought was a Madagascan Vanilla Flower Fragrance Mist. Last year I bought The Body Shop White Musk Libertine Fragrance Mist and I have been in love with them ever since. I've finally run down to the last little bit of my previous body mist so I knew I needed to get a new one and since I loved the combination of smells from that I wanted to find another Body Shop mist.

It took me a while to find one that I liked as I tend to appreciate a softer smell with my fragrances and I don't like to be overwhelmed but the Madagascan Vanilla Flower is perfect for my needs as it is just strong enough to catch a smell but not too strong. This is also the reason why I chose a body or fragrance mist rather than outright perfume as I think that the full perfume smell can sometimes be a little too cloying. This particular fragrance is quite a sweet smell and it reminds of Cornish ice cream with how strong the smell of the vanilla is.

Again, this price may seem a little steep when you first buy it but at 12€ I think that it is fairly reasonable as you don't need to use a lot of it each day so it lasts for quite a while. I also find it useful to mix and match fragrances so that you don't become used to just one of them and start to use too much.

Unfortunately I don't know the prices of these products outside of the Eurozone but I'm sure if you find your local Body Shop website you will be able to find out.

Hasta la fuego

Lauren :) x

Labels: , , , , , , ,